Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's a New Year

Well, it's the start of a brand new year and I have resolved to make 2013 better than 2012.  In 2011, I started exercising and eating more healthy because I realized that I was way overweight and I was worried about my health.  I lost 30 lbs. in 6 months.  In June 2012, my mom had a heart attack and was hospitalized for awhile so the desire to be with her outweighed my desire to lose weight.  I ended up gaining 15 of the 30 lbs. back.  I am not happy about this so I am jumping back on the fitness wagon. 

I wanted to start the new year with a run but we have had some bad weather so the sidewalks and roads are pretty slippery so I didn't run.  However, I did do 15 minutes of calisthenics the last two days.  Not much, but it's a start.  I did exceed my calorie intake by 600 though so I need to work on the eating part.  I am a bit out of practice and it shows by my achy body. 

I will work through the pain though and meet my goal.  I am determined to have the body I want and I will press on.  I will not give up, I will succeed.  That is my new mantra, "I will not give up, I will succeed." 

What are your goals for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment