Monday, March 19, 2012

New Beginnings

I had such a great weekend.  My son and I went to Texas to watch my nephew get married.  It was a beautiful ceremony and reception.  I had the chance to meet his bride for the first time and I was so excited that he found someone who he can share his life with.  This is a new beginning for them and I am excited to see where it leads.

Of course, you don't have to be getting married to have new beginnings.  I've had some new beginnings recently in my life that have nothing to do with getting married.  My new beginnings have come with my desire to get healthy.  I've changed so much since I've started this journey of fitness.  I'm happier, healthier, and have built better relationships.  I see this as a new beginning simply because I care about my health now which was never a concern in the past. 

I have been on a road to rediscovery lately and am very happy with the direction it is taking me.  I have a new outlook on life in general and it is so wonderful.  I am happier now than I have ever been and I know that as my health improves, my happiness and outlook will only be greater. 

So as my nephew begins his new life with the love of his, I begin my new life with the people I've been closest to.  You don't have to be getting married to have new beginnings, just have a new outlook and the willingness to change what is making you unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment